Your mental health matters
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Contributor: Beth Clay, Executive Director at N.E.W. Mental Health Connection
The mental health of our community matters to us all! Historically, finding mental health or substance use services – that are covered under your insurance, are close to home, or that meet your specific need – has been a real challenge. The N.E.W. Mental Health Connection is so pleased to have partnered with United Way Fox Cities to bring an incredible new resource to our area: MyConnectionNEW.org.
The new website is a one-stop-shop for mental health/substance use information. Since its launch on May 11, 2017, the site has been visited over 10,000 times! Here are some of the resources you’ll find on the site:
- A service directory to navigate local mental health and substance use services (covering Calumet, Outagamie and Winnebago Counties)
- An anonymous mental health screening tool that will help determine if you or someone you love needs help
- A direct link to your insurance company’s website to find providers covered under your plan
- A listing of local mental health emergency phone numbers and text lines
- An online library of updated mental health information, covering everything from treatment options and medications to frequently asked questions, and blogs and forums of interest
- An events calendar for mental health/substance use events, trainings, and workshops
- A guide to current legislative bills and activity related to mental health at the state and national level
- A fully encrypted personal health record, where you can record health information and store any information from the website
- The ability to switch the website into 21 different languages (Hmong, Spanish, etc.) or large print, as needed
This new resource serves as an enhancement to the resource-rich United Way 2-1-1 system, giving those in search of mental health and substance use services an additional level of detail to access the right service easily and quickly.
There is no health without mental health. We know that one in five adults and one in five children experience a mental health issue in a given year. And, 90 percent of people who die by suicide have an underlying mental illness. This new website is a place of hope, solid information, and connection to services that lead to recovery. YOUR mental health matters!
We hope you’ll take a few minutes to browse the website and explore all of its amazing features - Click. Link. Help.