Each year in early February, 300 freshman students from area high schools are invited by their school advisors to participate in a day of activities to help build, develop, and reinforce leadership skills. United Way Fox Cities Youth Board members help plan and run Teen Symposium with many exciting leadership activities.
Outcomes and Goals of Teen Symposium include:
- Provide Youth Board Members the opportunity to execute a major event
- Provide area high school students the opportunity to attend a conference
- Connect area resource agencies with youth for service and volunteer opportunities
- Provide attendees with leadership and self-care learning opportunities
For more information contact Mandi Dornfeld, Youth Board Advisor/Teen Symposium Coordinator at United Way Fox Cities. Direct telephone: 920-735-5460; email: Mandi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is sponsored by:
2020 Teen Symposium
Celebrating 20 Years!
- Event date: Monday, February 24, 2020
- Theme: Your only limit is you.
2019 Teen Symposium
The 19th annual Teen Symposium event, sponsored by United Way Fox Cities and the YMCA of the Fox Cities; hosted nearly 300 freshman from the surrounding area, to come and learn how to be leaders within their schools. This year, the theme of the event was “Greatness isn’t always obvious at first.”
2018 Teen Symposium
- 293 Freshmen Students
- 28 School Advisors from 17 schools
- 26 agencies at the Resource Fair
- 49 Student Volunteers
- 15 Adult Volunteers