2-1-1 Community Education
United Way 2-1-1 provides a direct connection to health and human service requests for the counties of Calumet, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Manitowoc, Marquette, Outagamie, Sheboygan, Waushara, Waupaca and Winnebago Counties; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
United Way 2-1-1 partners with many agencies and programs to ensure that proper and appropriate referrals are made to all services and programs. To find out ways that your organization can utilize 2-1-1, or for inclusion in our online resource directory, please call 2-1-1 or (800)924-5514 or email Lisa Smith, 2-1-1 Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2-1-1 Caller Testimonial
“I was in my church office when the frantic call came from a member saying she was facing a court hearing with the possibility of losing custody of her children. She hoped I would know an attorney who could represent her on her very limited income. I reassured her I would try my best to find someone to assist her. In reality I did not know any family law attorneys.
It was then that I remembered 2-1-1. In minutes, 2-1-1 gave me more information than I could have found on my own in hours! Thank you 2-1-1.”
Here are some ways 2-1-1 can provide service to your organization (please contact us for availability):
- Direct referrals: 2-1-1 provides direct referrals to your organization by phone inquiries, website inquiries and printed materials.
- Guest speakers for your meetings: United Way 2-1-1 does speaking at all levels in the community to educate the public about the benefits of 2-1-1 as a place to get or give help.
- In-service training for your organization: We will show your public or private agency, community group or school how to better help those you serve using 2-1-1 resources, through an informative in-service demonstration.
- 2-1-1 at special events: United Way 2-1-1 will be pleased to set up a booth and be part of your health fair or trade show. The booth will be staffed to answer questions and educate your attendees about the services 2-1-1 provides as well as the resources available throughout the community.
- 2-1-1 material distribution: 2-1-1 prints many materials that are made available to the community. 2-1-1 Bookmarks are made available in English, Spanish and Hmong languages. These materials can be requested simply by dialing 2-1-1 directly.