Thursday, June 28, 2018
From your friends at United Way Fox Cities
Now hiring! How often have you seen this sign around town lately? Everyone is currently competing to fill their job openings with qualified candidates. Nonprofits are no exception.
The process of advertising an open position can be costly for organizations (a line item most nonprofits don’t have in their budgets) and searching for jobs can be time-consuming for job seekers. That’s why United Way Fox Cities invests staff time and website resources to offer a free posting service for nonprofit jobs in our community.
Did you know?
- This service has been available to the community for nearly 10 years.
- For the past six months, an average of 30 open positions have been listed on the page at any given time.
- “Nonprofit job openings” is our most popular web page, outpacing even our home page, with an average of more than 3,000 page views each month.
- 122 different nonprofits have posted jobs on our site in the past several years.
- All of the job opportunities are at nonprofit organizations and the list typically spans a wide variety of professions including teacher, therapist, administrative professional, accountant, operations manager, marketing professional, fund development professional, and much more.
Jobs on the web page are updated within a few days after they are submitted. Toni Schinke, Organizational Development and Marketing Assistant at United Way Fox Cities maintains the list. Her favorite task is taking jobs off the list, “When I remove a job, it is wonderful to think that, perhaps because of our page, someone has found employment, the nonprofit has found the right person to fill the position, and people receiving nonprofit services in our community will continue to find assistance.”