Providing Critical Support to Nonprofits
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Thanks to gifts generously donated to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund established by the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region and United Way Fox Cities, a total of $195,000 was awarded to 14 nonprofits to assist their efforts as they respond to the unfolding public health emergency. Grants will continue to be awarded on an ongoing basis and announced on the United Way website and the Community Foundation website.
Current grant recipients:
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin: A $50,000 grant supports purchasing additional food, distributing food to pantries, sanitizing the food bank, paying critical staff who receive and transport food, and removing obstacles so pantries can receive food quickly.
- Safe Haven - Domestic Abuse Shelter of Shawano County: A $5,000 grant supports emergency shelter, food, hygiene products, gas cards, diapers, and other basic needs.
- Fox Valley Veterans Council: A $5,000 grant supports the Veterans Emergency Fund, to provide emergency basic needs assistance to veterans.
- St. Vincent de Paul - Appleton: A $20,000 grant supports urgent requests for assistance with food, transportation, housing, and other basic needs.
- COTS: A $20,000 grant supports basic needs and other essential services to the transitional shelter's residents, most of whom have lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Foundations for Living: A $10,000 grant supports care for people experiencing homelessness and financial crisis in Waupaca County.
- SAM 25: A $5,000 grant supports basic needs through the Shawano Area Matthew 25 homeless shelter and resource center.
- Mission of Hope House: A $10,000 grant supports care and services to people who are experiencing homelessness through the New London-based shelter.
- Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs: A $10,000 grant supports proper staffing coverage for providing essential services to survivors of domestic abuse who are living at the shelter.
- Christine Anne Domestic Abuse Services: A $5,000 grant supports emotional and basic needs, and safety planning to individuals in crisis.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley (Appleton and Menasha locations): A $10,000 grant supports care for children and youth of health care and other essential workers, and free meals to kids each weeknight.
- Jake's Diapers: A $5,000 grant supports purchasing diapers to be distributed to agencies helping Shawano County families meet their basic needs.
- CAP Services: A $5,000 grant supports basic needs for people living in Outagamie and Waupaca counties.
- YMCA Fox Cities: A $35,000 grant supports early childhood programming that's operating at three childcare centers in Appleton and Neenah, serving children of health care and other essential workers.
Since the Community Foundation and United Way established the fund March 17 with $50,000 each, many individuals, funders, and businesses have stepped up very generously to pledge more than $550,000. This generosity has given our local nonprofit organizations the critical resources they need to serve our community and protect the most vulnerable among us. Thank you!
Donor recognition is available at cffoxvalley.org/coviddonors.
To learn more about the fund, please visit cffoxvalley.org/covidhelp.