United Way and Diversity
Policy Statement for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
United Way Fox Cities values diversity and stands for equity and justice.
We affirm our commitment to recognizing, addressing, and eradicating all forms of racism and oppression. We acknowledge racism, oppression, bigotry, and hate exist in the Fox Cities, past and present; they are rooted in both social and systemic forces that converge to cause harm and yield disparate outcomes for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) and other diverse communities.
We purposefully strive to identify, discuss, and challenge issues that prevent us from being an anti-racist and unbiased organization, with the goal of creating a more inclusive, equitable, welcoming, and safer community where everyone, regardless of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity), disability, genetic information, can thrive.
We stand committed to:
- Affirming explicitly and in united solidarity our identity as an anti-racist organization and adamantly oppose all discrimination, overt or otherwise.
- Ongoing learning and conversations to identify, discuss, and challenge issues of inequity and the impact(s) they have on our community members.
- Exploring and examining implicit bias and systemic advantage/oppression such that our commitment be reflected in our policies, programs, and practices, including the recruitment and retention of staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
- Developing and implementing strategies and best-practices that dismantle racism and oppression within all aspects of our organization.
- Promoting a climate that welcomes and respects the diversity of our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, agencies and community partners.